Modifications and Contempts

Post-Divorce Modifications and Contempts

No matter how carefully your divorce is handled, it is possible that agreements may need to be revisited as circumstances can change. In other instances, it may be that the former spouse or partner is not following court orders, and action may need to be taken to enforce or compel cooperation.

At Walters Law Offices, PC, we provide comprehensive legal services, including helping you modify or enforce court orders after your case has been finalized. Stoughton attorney Kevin Walters brings a depth of experience in divorce and family law matters, including modification and contempt actions to address custody and visitation disputes as well as issues of support.

Modifications of Child Custody, Child Support and Alimony

Changes to child custody and visitation arrangements, as well as changes to child support payments and alimony orders, require a material change in circumstances. Common examples that the court will consider a material change are remarriage, relocation, job loss and substance abuse.

With ease case Attorney Walters will guide you through the process of modifying a court order. Conversely, if your former spouse or partner is seeking a modification that you disagree with, Attorney Walters will evaluate your specific situation and present you with options. Our goal is to make certain that you and your family’s interests are represented promptly and fairly.

Enforcement Actions

Following a divorce or other resolution to a family matter, it can be disheartening when the other party fails, refuses or neglects to follow agreements made or orders entered by the court. Nevertheless, there are means to compel compliance be it with child support or alimony payments, or compelling cooperation with a parenting plan or property division.
As with every case, Attorney Walters will attempt to remedy the situation amicably. However, if the defaulting party still fails to cooperate, we will move forward aggressively to compel cooperation.

Alternatively, if you have been wrongfully accused of violating an order or if you have a legitimate basis to seek a modification, we can help you review your options.

Consultation About Modifications or Enforcement Actions

For a contempt and modifications lawyer who handles alimony, child support, child custody modifications as well as child support enforcement, contact us online or by phone at 781-436-5288.

Ratings and Reviews

Mas. Academy of trial attorneys
Smart, trustworthy and caring !

I reached out to Kevin after he was highly recommended By an attorney and a friend. From the beginning, Kevin made himself available knowing that I needed immediate advice and representation. I communicated that I need to make this process the easiest possible because I could not take any more stress and needed to move…

- (5 star review)

Read All Client Reviews